Mayor Michael S. Naggar
Mike Naggar began his public career in 1997 by serving on the City’s Planning Commission. He was first elected to the City Council in 1999 and was appointed to serve as Temecula’s Mayor in 2004, 2008 , 2013, 2016 and 2019. He is currently serving his 5th term in office.
Over the years, Mike Naggar has demonstrated his passion for putting the health and wellness of families first. In 2007, he formed a Regional Medical Facility Task Force to address the need for a regional review of medical facilities in Southwest Riverside County. This Regional Medical Facility Task Force was a significant impetus for the construction of Temecula’s first hospital, Temecula Valley Hospital, which opened in October 2013.
As a father of a 13 year old son with autism, he is a strong advocate for the special needs community. In 2010, he formed the Regional Autism Task Force to partner with Riverside County and local cities to address the needs and create programs for a rapidly growing special needs population. In 2012, he was appointed to the Inland Regional Center Board of Trustees, a nonprofit, private community-based agency that provides support for more than 25,000 individuals with developmental disabilities in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. In recognition of Mike Naggar’s compassion and dedication to the special needs community, he was selected to receive the 2012 Champion of the Community Award from the California Parks & Recreation Society for his efforts to raise awareness and provide City-sponsored inclusion programs and activities.
In 2013, Mike Naggar formed a Youth, Family and Health Regional Task Force to raise awareness, seek solutions and provide countywide resources for families faced with difficulties including mental health, bullying, domestic violence, drugs, and alcohol.
In 2016, he formed the Regional Cancer Services Task Force which includes four cities, the County, several hospitals, nonprofits, and healthcare professionals to investigate ways to bring more specialized cancer-related medical services to our region.
Council Member Naggar also serves on multiple Council Committees that address the City’s needs for higher education, public safety recognition, trails & open space, and supportive housing.
Mike Naggar is the owner of Mike Naggar & Associates and has over thirty five years’ experience in real estate management and development. In addition, he has over ten years’ experience in municipal public safety. Mike Naggar and his wife, Mylah, have been married for 28 years. They are proud parents of their 13 year old son, Liam, and their 26 year old daughter, Sienna, who is a graduate of Cal Baptist University and newly married to their son-in-law, Harrison. Mike has enjoyed his years working with children as a youth soccer and basketball coach. In his spare time, he enjoys swimming, biking, hiking, flying airplanes, and family activities.
Public & Community Service:
- Mayor: 2004, 2008, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Mayor Pro Tem: 2003, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2018
- Temecula City Council Terms: 1999-2003; 2003-2008; 2008-2012; 2012-2016, 2016-2020
- Commissioner: Temecula Planning Commission (1997-1999)
City Council Assignments:
- Planning Commission Council Liaison
- Old Town Steering Committee
- Murrieta/Temecula Committee
- Regional Cancer Treatment Task Force Committee
- Move I-15 Through Temecula Valley Committee
- Altair Property Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Diaz Property Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- French Valley Parkway Interchange Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Higher Education Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Hospital Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Infill Land Use & Project Review Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Cannabis Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Old Town Civic Center Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Supportive Housing/Services Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Uptown Temecula Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Trails/Open Space Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Wall of Honor Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- Winchester Hills Ad Hoc Subcommittee
- California Republican Assembly, Treasurer
- General Plan Update Committee Member (Traffic Element)
- Inland Regional Center, Past Board of Trustees Member
- Pechanga Tribal Council Representative
- League of California Cities: Past Member, Policy Committee on Housing & Economic Development
- Riverside County Transportation Commission Board Member (2015-present)
- Temecula Valley Unified School District Safe Schools Committee Member
- Vail Elementary School Site Council Member
- Youth Soccer and Basketball Coach
- National League of California Cities, Alternate Member
- Named 2012 Champion of the Community by the California Park & Recreation Society
- Family First Award Winner 2008
- Improve traffic flow within the City
- Manage growth
- Foster a supportive relationship between the City and School District
- Keep taxes low
- Increase services for children and seniors
- Attract clean industry & local jobs
- Encourage pro-active law enforcement
- Advocate for the Special Needs Community
Occupation & Education:
- 30+ years in Real Estate Management & Development
- Owner of Mike Naggar & Associates, Inc.
- 10+ years in Municipal Public Safety
- Married, two children
- Hobbies: Swimming, biking, hiking, family activities