The City wishes to make available the City of Temecula City Flag to interested citizens, organizations, interested groups or individuals.
Purchasing a City FlagThe City Flag may be purchased from Temecula City Hall, City Manager’s Office at 41000 Main Street. Please email Council Assistant, or call 951-506-5100 for inquiries.
Types of City FlagsThere are two styles of City of Temecula Flags available to purchase. They are both 3 ft. x 5 ft. and made of Jetalon Nylon.
- 2-grommet heading $164.21 (includes tax)(seen below). This is the typical style for outside.
- Pole-sleeve heading and gold fringe $212.81 (includes tax)(seen above). This is the typical style for inside.
Terms of PolicyAll recipients of the City Flag shall agree to the terms of the Temecula City Flag Policy by submitting a copy of the City Flag Policy Form (PDF) to City Hall at the time of purchasing a City Flag.
Borrowing a City FlagAs of August 20, 2014, a City Flag may be borrowed from the Temecula Public Library subject to Temecula Public Library loan policies with a valid Riverside County Library Card. All recipients of the City Flag shall agree to the terms of the Temecula City Flag Policy by submitting a copy of the City Flag Policy Form (PDF) to the Temecula Public Library at the time of borrowing a City Flag.
ConditionsAs noted in the Policy, the City Flag is subject to the following conditions:
- The design of the City Seal and the City Flag is the property of the City of Temecula and shall not be reproduced except as authorized by the City Clerk.
- The City Flag shall not be used as, or in conjunction with, merchandise for sale or advertisements except as authorized by the City Clerk.
- The City Flag must be treated with flag etiquette and honors; and accorded the courtesies of respect consistent with the State and United States Flag. This Policy complements Federal and State Code and flag protocol, including the United States Code, Title 4; Flag Code, and California Government Code, Chapter 3, Sections 430-439; Display of Flags.
- In 2011, a congressional report entitled The United States Flag: Federal Law Relating to Display and Associated Questions (PDF) was published to address frequently asked questions regarding proper respect and handling of the United States flag.
- Displaying of the City Flag outdoors must comply with Development Standards of Temecula Municipal Code, Title 17, Zoning.
- The City Flag should be cleaned in a manner that is best suited to the material of the flag. When the City Flag is in such condition that it is no longer an appropriate emblem for display, it shall be the responsibility of the buyer/borrower of the flag to return said flag to the City Clerk for appropriate disposal/destruction.
- It shall be the responsibility of any nonprofit organization that provides programs or services which benefit Temecula residents, and is the recipient of a City Flag purchased through governmental grant funding, to return the City Flag to the City Clerk upon dissolution of the nonprofit organization.