- Community Development
Save Some Green and Mow Down Air Pollution
The South Coast AQMD offers a year-round Electric Lawn Mower Rebate program for residents of Riverside County. Residents can purchase a new, cordless electric lawn mower, scrap their old gas mower and receive a rebate check based on the purchase price of their new mower. Help improve air quality by participating in the electric Lawnmower Rebate Program.
The on-line application is available at www.aqmd.gov/lawnmower.
- After-purchase rebates are $150, $200 or $250, depending on the purchase price of the new electric lawnmower.
- Over 20 electric lawn mower models available for residential use.
- Purchases can be made in-store or on-line
- Over 20 certified scrapping locations available in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties
- For more information please call 888-425-6247 (Tuesday-Friday). Se habla español.
- Help improve air quality
Temecula's Sustainability Plan (PDF) was adopted by the City Council on June 22, 2010. This plan is a comprehensive program that includes 8 areas of focus:
- Air Resources
- Community Outreach
- Green Buildings
- Open Space
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
The plan involves strategies to:
- Conserve water and energy
- Encourage green buildings
- Expand alternative transportation opportunities
- Increase open space
- Promote better air quality
- Reduce waste