Building and Safety Inspections
- Please remember, work must remain accessible and exposed until approved by a Building Inspector.
- Permits, approved plans, and job cards must be available on-site for all inspections.
- Inspection times vary based on workload (between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Electric panel change-outs requesting inspections prior to the first available time will be required to come into the Building Department and pay for an overtime inspection. The inspection will be scheduled after 4 p.m. the day of the change-out or rescheduled through the electrical provider.
We're now scheduling for
Tuesday, December 12th.
City Hall will be closed in observance of the upcoming Holidays:
Friday, December 22nd -Christmas Eve (Observed)
Monday, December 25th -Christmas Day
Friday, December 29 - New Year's Eve (Observed)
Monday, January 1, 2024 -New Year's Day
Inspections will be limited and you will only be notified if you did not make the schedule. Also, there are NO SOLAR INSPECTIONS ON FRIDAYS.
Building and Safety Inspection Windows
- Inspection windows are available if you call 951-240-4202 between 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. the day of the inspection. Make sure to leave a message requesting an inspection window with the permit number and inspection information. The inspectors leave promptly at 8 a.m. and cannot be reached when they are in the field.
Please have the following information when requesting an inspection:
- Permit Number
- Site Address
- Requested type of inspection (located on the back of permit card)
- Date of the inspection request
- Contact information of the person requesting inspection, including their phone number
- Any pertinent information regarding inspection
Property Owner Responsibility
It is the property owner's responsibility to make sure that all required inspections are made on a project, including both in-progress inspections and the final inspection. The contractor, however, may schedule the inspections and be the one on-site for each required inspection.
The City of Temecula Building Inspector, when performing an inspection that requires a Special/Deputy Inspector will verify the Special Inspector's registration and review identification and credentials of the Special/Deputy Inspector.