Massage Establishment Permits
Massage Establishment Permits are required for any person wishing to open or operate a massage business within the City of Temecula. Massage Establishment Permits are good for one year and must be renewed on an annual basis.
Note: Massage Establishments that have a change ownership, name, or location must apply for a new Massage Establishment Permit.
All massage technicians and all massage establishments are required to comply with the City of Temecula Massage Ordinance. All massage establishment permit approvals are granted subject to compliance with this ordinance.
Massage Establishment Process
- Review and complete our Massage Establishment Permit Application
- Come to the Permit Center with your completed application and fees
- Once processed, additional steps and paperwork will be provided
- Applicants will be responsible for completing the additional steps and paperwork
- Once approved, establishments will have final sign-offs by all required departments
Any person wishing to open a massage business within the City of Temecula will need also need to get the following approvals in addition to the approval of a Massage Establishment Permit:
- Building Permit for construction and tenant improvements
- Non-Construction Certificate of Occupancy for all ownership, name, and location changes
- Business License (will be issued after the Massage Establishment Permit is approved by the Police Department)
For more information, contact the Planning Department at 951-694-6400 or the Police Department Massage Coordinator, Suzi Lopez, at 951-696-3186.