NOTE: In-person services are not available due to COVID-19. All applications must be submitted via mail to:
City of Temecula, Attn: Business License Division, 41000 Main Street, Temecula, CA 92590
All massage establishments must comply with all requirements detailed in Chapter 5.22 of the Temecula Municipal Code. Chapter 5.22 requires a Massage Establishment Permit for any person wishing to open or operate a business with massage services.
Before You Submit
- Prospective applicants should review the City of Temecula’s massage ordinance prior to applying for Massage Establishment Permit
- Review and complete our Massage Establishment Permit Application (incomplete applications will not be accepted)
- Non-CAMTC applicants, managers, and operators must complete a Live Scan prior to the submission of this application. Non-CAMTC applicants, managers, and operators who have previously submitted a Live Scan do not need to submit a new Live Scan.
Submitting Your Application
- Prior to submitting the application, applicants should verify that they have all of the required paperwork.
- Business License will review the MEP application once mailed to City of Temecula, Attn: Business License Division, 41000 Main Street, Temecula, CA 92590. If cleared, applications will be routed to the Planning Division.
- Planning will process the MEP application (or renewal) and review the application for completeness. Payment will be required.
- Police will review the contents of the application to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the application.
- Planning will continue to process a MEP, if approved by the Police Department and all requirements are met.
- Building & Safety/Fire will require tenant improvement permits, or a Non-Construction Certificate of Occupancy for all new locations or changes in ownership. Renewals without any ownership or location changes will not be required to obtain a new occupancy certificate. See below for additional information on separate approvals.
- Business License will review the finalized application. Payment will be required. A copy of the business license and MEP will be mailed within a few weeks.
All businesses within the City of Temecula are required to obtain building permits and occupancy for their space. This can be achieved in one of two ways:
- If construction is occurring, a building permit will be required
- If no construction is occurring, a non-construction certificate of occupancy permit will be required (this applies to all ownership, name, and location changes, too).
Note: Massage Establishments that have change in ownership, name, or location must apply for a new Massage Establishment Permit.