The Code Enforcement program works with residents, property owners, and business owners to mitigate and resolve negative impacts in the City of Temecula. Through voluntary compliance and cooperation, our Code Enforcement team works towards resolving negative conditions to ultimately make the City of Temecula an even better place to live.
How Do I Report a Violation?
There are two easy ways to report a possible code violation:
- Online (via our Citizen Request Tracker) (the fastest and easiest method)
- Phone: 951-302-4144
If you are uncertain that a code violation has occurred, feel free to contact us.
|Agency (Website)||Enforcement Responsibilities|
|Animal Friends of the Valleys||Animal Control|
|Bureau of Automotive Repair||Regulates automotive repair facilities|
|California Division of Occupation Health and Safety (CAL/OSHA)||Enforces California's occupational and public safety laws|
|Contractors State License Board||Regulates contractors and investigates complaints against contractors|
|Department of Environmental Health||Regulates retail food stores and food service establishments|
|Fair Housing Council||Investigates, mediates tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities|
|Federal Aviation Administration||Investigates low-flying aircraft complaints (including hot air balloons and unmanned vehicles)|
|Public Works (City of Temecula)||Storm water issues|
- Upon receiving a complaint, a Code Enforcement Officer will inspect the site to confirm the alleged violations.
- If there is a violation, the Code Enforcement Officer will contact the property owner to explain the problem and suggest solutions.
- The property owner is given time to resolve the violation.
- Most property owners comply with the initial notification. For those who do not, they will receive additional notices or citations.
- Problems are addressed in a confidential, respectful, and understanding way. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>