Insurance requirements vary. Don’t worry, simply click on any of the links below for more details. If you still have questions, please feel free to email the City’s Risk Management division, or call 951-694-6432.


Depending of the Scope of Work, Agreements typically require City vendors to obtain General Liability, Auto Liability and Workers Compensation (and sometimes Professional Liability and Liquor Liability).

Expressive Activities Ordinance

People may gather on sidewalks and parks for the purpose of expression dissemination or communication of opinion views or ideas by any means including but not limited to public oratory and the distribution of literature protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution Expressive Activities. As such, insurance may not be required

Film Permits

When a film company desires to film within the City, the company must submit a request to the Inland Empire Film Commission (IEFC). The IEFC then submits the film company's application to the City for review - which includes approval of the film company's insurance coverage.

Massage Permits

Individuals interested in providing massages (technicians) or business interested in running a massage parlor (establishments) must provide proof of insurance.

Temporary Use Permits (TUPs)

The purpose of a TUP is to allow for short-term activities, typically less than one-year on duration. These activities include fairs, festivals, sidewalk sales, closing of streets, etc. If the activity is on city property or right-of-way, then the applicant will be required to provide insurance.

Surety Bonds

There are circumstances where the City requires a contractor to provide a bond for a project (i.e. labor & materials bond, payment bond, maintenance bond, etc.).

Special Events (Including Facility Rental)

The City must ensure that the Event Holder and their Vendors (if applicable) are insured, and that the City is named as an additional insured on their insurance policy. The Event Holders and Vendors have the following choices in obtaining insurance for their event.

Special Event Insurance Options

  1. Personal Insurance Broker: Applicant may purchase insurance through their personal insurance broker. The City’s Risk Management division will work with the Applicant as outlined in the “Obtaining Special Event Insurance” information sheet.
  2. SELIP - Special Events Liability Insurance Program: Applicant may purchase insurance online through SELIP Program with SPARTA - an insurance broker that holds a contract with the City to provide Special Event insurance. SELIP will email both the Facility Supervisor and Risk Management a copy of the Certificate of Insurance.
  3. HUB International: Purchase insurance manually through Hub International - an insurance broker that holds a contract with the City to provide Special Event insurance. The Applicant will complete and submit a written application and Risk Management will prepare a Formal Quote.

Pre-Approved Vendor List

Individuals interested in renting a City facility may be required to provide insurance for their Vendors or Contractors. Please contact the facility you are interested in renting for a list of Vendors and Contractors that have already provided the City with proof of insurance.