All Fire Prevention services are available online.
If you have questions, feel free to e-mail us at FireAdmin@TemeculaCA.gov.
In person services are currently closed (as of July 14, 2020). Customers may utilize our online services (found below).
Visit our Citizen Self Service (CSS) page to submit your Fire Permits. Prior to submitting online, please contact us at 951-694-6405. One of our staff will walk you through the process of submitting online.
The 2019 Building & Fire Codes are available at: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes.
The mission of the Temecula Fire Prevention Bureau is to preserve and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Temecula through the application of a comprehensive fire and hazard prevention program. This mission is carried out through the pursuit of the following goals:
- Conduct public information and education programs that emphasize fire and life safety and have a strong focus on fire prevention.
- Ensure a reasonable degree of life safety exists in all buildings through enforcement of applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Current Fire Code
- Educational and Community Programs
- Fire Evacuation Plan (PDF)
- Fire Hazard Checklist (PDF)
- Fire Permit Application Process Guide
- Fire Plan Check and Inspection Fees (PDF)
This page is provided to deliver timely fire related information to those involved in the building process within the City of Temecula. The information will assist interested parties in preparing for fire system plan checks and inspections.
Needed at Time of Submittal
- 3 Submittal Packages- Including 3 Sets of Plans, Calculations and cut Sheets (Referencing the 2016 California Fire and Building Codes)
- Fire Department Plan Check and Inspection Fees (PDF) (The Plan Check fee is due at Time of Submittal, Remaining Fees can be Paid at Time of Permit Issuance)
- Fire Permit Application (PDF)
The major responsibility of the Temecula Fire Prevention Bureau is to prevent fire and save lives and property. An effective way to meet this obligation is to conduct Annual field inspections in accordance with section 103.3 of the California Fire Code. The Fire Code / Permit Inspection program developed by the Fire Prevention Bureau enhances the life safety environment of the City of Temecula by ensuring all businesses are meeting fire code requirements. This program will effect all occupancies subject to fire code regulations. The goal of the program is to reduce the amount of deaths, injuries, and property loss in the city resulting from fire.
The Annual Division would to invite our community to attend a workshop for more information on the Annual Inspection program here at the conference center located at City Hall. For information on our community workshops, click here,
- Fire Safety Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Fire Watch Packet (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Chemical Classification Package (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Chemical Product Reporting Form (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Summary Sheet (PDF)
- High Piled Stock Questionnaire Form and Drawing Checklist (PDF)
- Hood Extinguishing System Notes (PDF)
- Hot Works Drawing Example (PDF)
- Hot Works Permit Guidelines (PDF)
- Mall Tenant Improvement Building Plans Fire Department Notes (PDF)
- Racking Detail- Elevation View (PDF)
- Residential Sprinkler Fire Department Notes - 13D (PDF)
- Residential Sprinkler Fire Department Notes - 13R (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Building NCOM Shell Plans (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Building Tenant Improvement (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Residential Building Plans (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Sprinkler Notes (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Alarm Notes (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Flow Letter (Blank) (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Flow Calculations With Examples (PDF)
- Underground Fire Department Notes (PDF)