All applications need to be submitted online through the CSS portal. Please verify that you are located in the City of Temecula by using our "Am I in the City of Temecula?" app.
Visit our Citizen Self Service (CSS) page to submit your Fire Permits. Prior to submitting online, please contact us at 951-694-6405. One of our staff will walk you through the process of submitting online.
Needed at Time of Submittal
The 2019 Building & Fire Codes are available at: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes.
The mission of the Temecula Fire Prevention Bureau is to preserve and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Temecula through the application of a comprehensive fire and hazard prevention program. This mission is carried out through the pursuit of the following goals:
- Conduct public information and education programs that emphasize fire and life safety and have a strong focus on fire prevention.
- Ensure a reasonable degree of life safety exists in all buildings through enforcement of applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Current Fire Code
- Educational and Community Programs
- Fire Evacuation Plan (PDF)
- Fire Hazard Checklist (PDF)
- Fire Plan Check and Inspection Fees (PDF)
Fire InspectionsThis page is provided to deliver timely fire related information to those involved in the building process within the City of Temecula. The information will assist interested parties in preparing for fire system plan checks and inspections.
Community WorkshopsThe Annual Division would to invite our community to attend a workshop for more information on the Annual Inspection program here at the conference center located at City Hall. For information on our community workshops, click here,
- Fire Safety Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Fire Watch Packet (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Chemical Classification Package (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Chemical Product Reporting Form (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Summary Sheet (PDF)
- High Piled Stock Drawing Checklist (PDF)
- Hood Extinguishing System Notes (PDF)
- Hot Works Drawing Example (PDF)
- Hot Works Permit Guidelines (PDF)
- Mall Tenant Improvement Building Plans Fire Department Notes (PDF)
- Racking Detail- Elevation View (PDF)
- Residential Sprinkler Fire Department Notes - 13D (PDF)
- Residential Sprinkler Fire Department Notes - 13R (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Building NCOM Shell Plans (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Building Tenant Improvement (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Residential Building Plans (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Sprinkler Notes (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Department Notes - Alarm Notes (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Flow Letter (Blank) (PDF)
- Temecula Fire Flow Calculations With Examples (PDF)
- Underground Fire Department Notes (PDF)