Reopening Status of City Facilities
Outdoor youth sports practices, conditioning. All athletic surfaces that are not expressly closed for renovations will be available to use on a first-come, first-serve basis only. Fields will not be reservable and lights will not be available. All activities must comply with State regulations on distancing and cohorting. For information on reservation availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volleyball and basketball courts open on a first-come, first-serve basis
Temecula skate park, hockey rink, and pump track (and restrooms) at Ronald Reagan Sports Park (42569 Margarita Road)
Tennis courts, pickle ball courts (and restrooms) at Margarita Community Park (29119 Margarita Road) and Pala Park (44900 Temecula Lane)
Tennis courts at Temecula Valley High School
Ronald H. Roberts Temecula Public Library (30600 Pauba Road) is open at 25% capacity; no seating except at the public computers, which will be socially distanced. Fore more information visit https://temeculaca.gov/445/Ronald-H-Roberts-Temecula-Public-Library
Monday - Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
Mary Phillips Senior Center (41845 6th Street) has Weekly Senior Meal Service available on a drive-through basis on Fridays between 9-10 am. Please call 951-694-6464 to reserve your meals. Please note, the Senior Center is closed for all other programming. For questions, please call 951-694-6464.
Temecula HELP Center (28922 Pujol St) is open for appointments two days a week, Tuesday and Thursday 9am - 4pm and temporarily closed on all other days. The HELP Center is available to individuals who are at-risk who are seeking additional resources. Staff is still receiving and answering messages at 951-240-4242.
Temecula Valley Museum (28314 Mercedes Street) is open through FRIDAY 10/23/20 from 10am - 4pm. For more information on current exhibits, please visit www.temeculavalleymuseum.org
Outdoor Recreation Classes are being offered on a rolling basis. To see the current catalog of available activities, please visit https://secure.rec1.com/CA/temecula-ca/catalog
Fishing and paddle boat rentals at Harveston Park (28582 Harveston Drive). Restrooms adjacent to the boathouse are open during boat rental hours, Wed-Sun 10am-Dusk).
Dog parks and parking lots at Red Hawk Community Park (44747 Redhawk Parkway) and Margarita Community Park (29119 Margarita Road)
All bathrooms at public parks
All playgrounds & play structure equipment
Community Recreation Center pool open for lap swim, masters swim, and water exercise classes. For more information on Aquatics programs, please visit https://temeculaca.gov/327/Aquatics. To receive text alerts about the City of Temecula Aquatic Programs and Pools in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, text @covidaqua2 to the number 81010.
The Splash Pad at Margarita Community Park will be open weekends (Sat & Sun, 11am-4pm) now through mid-October (closing dates will be announced at a later date based on weather). Due to COVID-19, operations will be modified as follows:
- Guests will be admitted in 30-minute sessions (11-11:30am, 11:45am-12:15pm, 12:30-1pm, 1:15-1:45pm, 2-2:30pm, 2:45-3:15pm, and 3:30-4pm)
- To allow for social distancing, only 20 guests will be permitted into the Splash Pad at a time
- Wristbands will be distributed beginning 30 minutes prior to each session
- Guests with wristbands may then wait in the shade or their car to avoid waiting in the heat until just before their time slot begins
- Guests with wristbands will be admitted into the splash pad at the beginning of their session
- All touch points will be sanitized in between sessions
- Water will turn off automatically at the conclusion of the 30-minute session
- Face coverings are required except for children playing in the splash pad
- Guests will be screened for symptoms before entering
- Social distancing is required
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
Temecula City Hall is currently closed to the public until further notice. Virtual permits and other online services remain available. For more information, please visit https://temeculaca.gov/101/City-Services (read press release here).
All City Facilities are currently closed to the public, except where noted on this webpage. Closed facilities includes:
- Community Recreation Center, 30875 Rancho Vista Road
- Conference Center at City Hall, 41000 Main Street
- Jefferson Recreation Center, 41375 McCabe Court
- Margarita Recreation Center, 29119 Margarita Road
- Mary Phillips Senior Center, 41845 6th Street (except as noted under “SERVICES” in the OPEN column to the left)
- Old Town Temecula Community Theater and The Merc, 42051 Main Street
- Pennypickle’s (Temecula Children’s Museum), 42081 Main Street
- Temecula Community Center, 28816 Pujol Street
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
Indoor classes, activities, and performances
Picnic Shelter Rentals