In an effort to enhance the quality of our parks as a core value of a Healthy and Livable Community, the City of Temecula encourages the community to assist with the maintenance and beautification of our parks by facilitating the enhancement of park/playground amenities and providing general upkeep and repair of equipment, recreation facilities, and trails through an “Adopt-A-Park” program.
About the Program
The Adopt-A-Park Program was established in 2019 as a way to allow individuals or groups to assume the responsibility for one or more eligible activities at their adopted park. The benefits of this program include:
- Enhancement of the environment
- Beautification of parks, trails, and green spaces
- Greater public education and awareness of parks, recreation programs, and community services
- Community and/or corporate support of park-related capital improvements
Activities which enhance the quality of the City’s parks and trails may be eligible to be included in the Adopt-A-Park program. Examples include:
- Trash Pickup
- Graffiti/Gum Removal
- Reporting of suspicious or illegal activity at park site
- Purchasing items, supplies, or landscaping and landscape maintenance (e.g. benches, tree planting, etc.)
- Facility and equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Other improvements as suggested and approved by City staff
A listing of eligible facilities and locations can be found in the Adopt-A-Park packet. In addition to the list of facilities, any trail listed in the Bikeways and Trails Master Plan is eligible for adoption. Other green spaces not listed may also be available, pending approval from the Public Works Department.
We value your safety. Adult group leaders will be required to attend a training session sponsored by the Public Works Department and will then be responsible for conducting a safety briefing for all participants prior to a cleanup.
- Participants and/or their guardians bear individual responsibility for personal safety and appropriate behavior in the park. Each participant must complete the Volunteer Waiver of Liability Form.
- Participants work without direct supervision by the City of Temecula. However, one adult supervisor (aged 18 or older) must be present for every five minors over the age of seven years and one adult supervisor must be present for every two children under the age of seven years.
- Group leaders are responsible for conducting safety briefings for all participants prior to each cleanup event, and must ensure all participants observe the following requirements:
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toed shoes
- Wear gloves
- Secure all bagged trash (placing filled trash bags in/near existing trash containers for pick up and disposal by the Department)
- Be aware of traffic and remain alert to your surroundings at all times
- Do not pick up broken glass without adult supervision
- Do not touch anything that may be toxic/hazardous i.e. oil, paint, gasoline, etc.
- Report all suspected toxic/hazardous materials to the Public Works Department
- The City of Temecula will provide safety equipment such as gloves and trash bags. City staff will also arrange for placement of recognition signs at the adopted site. Signs must be custom made for each project.
- If you have any questions regarding the program, please click here.
Recognition Sign Design (Restrictions)
- Adopt-A-Park signs are not intended to be an advertising medium. Therefore, product names, slogans, phone or fax numbers, email or internet addresses are not permitted on recognition signs.
- Download Application
- Adopt-A-Park requires an application. Simply fill out, sign the application and submit it via email to Tracy.Courts@TemeculaCA.gov or by mail to the following address:
- City of Temecula
- Attn: Tracy Courts
- 41000 Main St.
- Temecula, CA 92590
- No application fee is required, but the applicant is required to accept several conditions, including a liability/waiver agreement.
- Expect the process to take 2-3 weeks to allow time for any necessary coordination.