Teen Crafted Reviews
About the Blog
Do you love reading books and watching movie? Do you want to earn community service hours? Consider writing book and movie reviews for the new Teen Crafted Reviews blog!
Must be in grades 7-12 to participate. Reviewed books and movies must be age appropriate.
Fill out Review Participation Form and review guidelines for submitting qualifying reviews.
- 3 qualifying reviews will earn 1 hour of community service.
Submit your Review Participation Form by scanning and e-mailing it to the Teen Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or by turning it in to the adult reference desk at the library.
After you have submitted your Review Participation Form, please follow the directions below.
To submit a review, please send an e-mail to the Teen Services Librarian at email@example.com. In order for your review to be considered qualifying, it must contain the following information:
- Your name.
- Your age and grade.
- Which school you attend.
- The title of the book or movie you want to review.
- The author or editor of the book or director of the movie.
- Please rate the book or movie out of 5 stars with 5 being a book/movie you really liked and 1 being a book/movie you really disliked.
- In your own words, provide a 3-10 sentence summary of the book or movie. What was it about?
- In 3-10 sentences, please tell us what you thought about the book or movie. What did you like? What did you dislike?
- In 3-10 sentences, please tell us if you would recommend this book and why? Who do you think would like it? What other books or movies is it like?
Community Service Hours
Once you have submitted at least 3 qualifying reviews, contact the Teen Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Please bring in your community service sheet to the appointment, so that the librarian can finalize volunteer hours.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Lea at email@example.com.