Fast Track Permitting
Here at the City of Temecula we understand that time is money. Below lists our fast track schedule for all business:
- 2 week Pre-Application process (NO FEES REQUIRED)
- 3-2-1 Process: 3-week review of initial formal submittal, 2 – week review of resubmittals (s), 1- week condition of approval preparation
- Public Hearings are scheduled approximately 5 weeks from hearing date
**for CEQA exempt projects, longer process if additional CEQA analysis required**
Grading Plan Process
- No appointment needed for plan submittal
- 5-week total City review process (from complete submittal to mylar approval)
- The construction process includes building and fore permits.
- 10-12 business days for initial review period
- 5-7 business days for resubmittal review period
- Inspections within 24-48 hours of request
Low-Cost Business Registration Fee
Temecula has a low-cost registration fee of only $39 per year (including the state-imposed $4 fee). Many cities base their business license fees on gross receipts or number of employees. No matter the type of business or number of employees, our business license remains one of the lowest in California.
No Utility User’s Tax
There is no utility tax, including electric, telephone, cellular, gas, and water for businesses located in Temecula.
Business Retention Program
Temecula’s Business Retention Program includes site visitations to local businesses on a regular basis. City and Temecula Chamber representatives meet with businesses and learn more about the company. Information on labor/education needs and available training programs that can be utilized, as well as business issues relating to City services, permits and City programs, are discussed.
The City of Temecula’s Office of Economic Development offers assistance for all businesses whether relocating, expanding, or developing a new project. We offer support through the various stages of the process from site selection and resource recommendations, all the way through permitting and the final inspections.
Site Selection Support
After receiving information from a business about their plans and criteria, the Office of Economic Development can compile a list of potential sites for consideration. We can also advise on zoning code and provide businesses with feedback about the need for additional permitting measures so that businesses are able to make knowledgeable decisions on their business locations.