Mary Phillips Senior Center
41845 6th St.
For up-to-date other Riverside County Cool Center Locations visit http://www.capriverside.org/
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Some Saturdays from 10:00 – 4:00 pm when Riverside County issues an excessive heat warning (please call the Mary Phillips Senior Center for up-to-date information)
County of Riverside Community Action Partnership is coordinating Cool Centers to serve as drop-in sites for vulnerable individuals, seniors, the disabled, and others in need of temporary relief from the heat. The Mary Phillips Senior Center is a designated cool center during the summer.
Hot Weather Tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat, or use an umbrella for shade.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose clothing.
- Slow down—rest in the shade or a cool place when possible.
- Never leave a child, elderly, disabled person, or animal alone in a vehicle.
- Keep shaded areas with fresh water for outdoor animals.
- Turn on your air conditioner.
- Check on friends and neighbors who are elderly, have medical conditions, or are at higher risk for problems when it is very hot.
- If you do not have an air conditioner, use a fan, make sure your windows are open, and visit a cool center.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- When it is hotter than 90˚ ,visit a friend that has air conditioning in their home or a cool place like a mall, a library or a senior center.
You are also at risk if you have certain medical conditions, take medication for high blood pressure, have a mental health condition, have been using drugs or alcohol, or have had a previous heat-related illness.