Summer Day Camp
Campers are divided into 3 different age groups:
6 - 9 years old | The 6 Mix
9 - 12 years old | 9 Plus
12 - 14 years | Teen Camp
Camp days are Monday - Friday.
Summer Day Camp features a wide variety of fun-filled recreation activities that will keep kids happy and busy all summer long! The program will include age-appropriate excursions, games, crafts, swimming, and more. Every week there will be another new and awesome adventure-filled theme for campers to enjoy. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Click below to view the 2018 registration flyer!
Summer Day Camp Flyer (PDF)
- Camper to counselor ratio is 10:1 or less.
- Campers are assigned to a group for that day, and each group will have 1 counselor and 1+ Jr. Counselors.
- On excursion days, the entire camp will be leaving the CRC (with the exception of on-site excursions). No staff will be left behind to supervise campers whose parents wish to exclude them from the excursion that day.
- The excursion schedule will be published on the first day of each session.
- Some excursions may require an earlier drop-off and later pick-up time than 8:00am and 6:00pm. You will be notified in advance of these excursions.
- Parents are required to sign a new permission slip for each excursion.
- Transportation to and from excursions for campers will be provided, and is already included in the cost of the program.
- Lunch is typically provided by Summer Day Camp for excursion days. Please see that week’s permission slip for information about lunch requirements for each excursion.
- For some excursions, parents are encouraged to give a small amount of spending money to their camper. This typically would be for an excursion that has an arcade or games (ie. Mulligans, Castle Park, etc.). Giving spending money is not mandatory, and is a decision that each parent must make. Campers are responsible for keeping track of their money and any belongings that are brought on excursions.
- Off-site excursions may include: Mulligans, San Diego Zoo, Castle Park, AMC Cinema, Balboa Park, and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Off-site excursions for Teen Camp (ages 12 – 14 only) may include: Promenade Mall, Santa Rosa Plateau, Temecula Lanes Bowling, Sea Port Village, Pole Position Racing, and Get Air Trampoline Park.
- On-site excursions for all ages may include: Summer Olympics, Carnival, and Painted Earth.
Do you have a passion for recreation and/or working with the youth in our community? Looking to gain work or volunteer experience in a government agency? Look no further! The City of Temecula is currently recruiting to fill both paid and volunteer positions for our program!
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist with our program! Must be ages 15 - 17 by 6/11/18. To apply and for more information about this position, click HERE to view the application and instructions.
PAID POSITIONS: Recruitment for paid positions has ended. Please check back next year!