Mary Phillips Senior Center
41845 6th St.
(For other Riverside County Warm Center Locations visit http://www.capriverside.org/
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
County of Riverside Community Action Partnership is coordinating Warm Centers to provide drop-in sites for vulnerable individuals, seniors, the disabled, and others in need of temporary relief from the cold. Warm Centers will open to the public, in affected areas, when a “Cold Warning” is issued due to temperatures falling below 40˚. Watch or listen for the “Cold Warning” on your television, radio, social media and local newspaper.
Cold Weather Tips:
- Drink warm fluids like hot cider or soup.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Keep your home warm. Turn on your heater.
- Wear several thin layers of clothing.
- Move family pets indoors out of the elements.
- Know the location of the nearest Warm Center.
- Have your home heating system inspected.
- Never bring heating devices into the home that are intended for outdoor, including charcoal.
You are also at risk if you have certain medical conditions, take medication for high blood pressure, have a mental health condition, or have been using drugs or alcohol.
For Warm Center locations, hours and tips on how to protect yourself from
the cold please call:
Energy Crisis Hotlines
(888) 636-8676 or (951) 955-9389 or 2-1-1
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
EMERGENCIES CALL 911