Adaptive Swim Lessons
This class is designed to provide community members with a mental or physical disability the opportunity to learn and improve swimming skills, maintain and increase physical fitness, achieve success, and receive recognition within an aquatic environment.
|Fee||Residents - $45
Non-Residents - $55
|Age||3 - 15 years|
|Registration||Registration opens on May 30, 2017
Online by clicking the link below.
Walk-in at Aquatics Office during office hours (see right).
Our ultimate goal in these swim lessons is to get each participant "water safe". What that means is our instructors will be teaching basic swimming skills such as blowing bubbles, floating, kicking, and front crawl as well as just being comfortable in the water. We know that every child can learn to swim but each child progresses at a different rate. Every day in the water is progress and one step closer to being water safe.
- Classes are for participants with special needs or need special accommodation.
- Classes are grouped based on age, swimming ability, and learning style.
- There are 3 swimmers in a class with 1 instructor.
- Each swimmer will have a volunteer Swim Buddy to be their pal and helper during every class.
- One Session will consist of 8 classes.
- Classes will be 30 minutes long.
- Classes will be 4 times a week for two weeks.
- Classes will be held at Temecula Elementary School.
Session Dates - 2017
Each session is 2 weeks long with class on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 30 minutes. We have 3 class times available during each session (the time that you sign up for is the time you take class each day).
|Session||Class Dates||Days||Class Times|
||June 12 - June 22||M/T/W/Th||1:30-2:00 p.m.
||June 26 - July 6||M/T/W/Th||1:30-2:00 p.m.
||July 10 - July 20||M/T/W/Th||1:30-2:00 p.m.
|4||July 24 - August 3||M/T/W/Th||1:30-2:00 p.m.
- Select the class time you wish to register for above and click on the link.
- Fill out the Swimmer Information Form (PDF) (If you already have a Swimmer Information Form on file with us, you do not need to do another)
- Return your Swimmer Information Form to the Aquatics office:
MAIL: Temecula Community Services District
41000 Main Street
Temecula, CA 92590
EMAIL: Aquatics Email
Meet & Greet / Info Session
Learn more about our Adaptive Swim Lessons, become familiar with the pool and meet our instructors. Swimmers will have the opportunity to get into the water with an instructor for five minutes to get a sense of what they will be doing.
- Date: Wednesday, June 7
- Time: 1:00-2:00pm
- Location: Temecula Elem. School Pool