Fair Political Practices Commission Forms
Distribution of City Gifts, Form 801
Form 801 is used to report certain payments received by state and local government agencies that are used for agency purposes and paid by a third party. FPPC Regulations 18944 and 18950.1 provide a procedure that agencies may use to disclose these payments, which may include a payment for an official’s travel expenses for the purpose of facilitating the public’s business in lieu of using agency funds; and a payment that would otherwise be considered a gift or income to the benefiting official, but is instead accepted on behalf of the agency.
Complimentary Ticket Policy, Form 802
The Policy provides the following:
- Council Members may receive two complimentary tickets for an event. One ticket must be used by the Council Member and the other by a spouse or dependent child. no more than two complimentary tickets can be received.
- The public and government purpose in distributing complimentary tickets to events is to enable Council Members and City officials to advertise and promote the City of Temecula, to monitor and evaluate the City venues and the quality of performances and to monitor and evaluate the value of the City-sponsored events to the City and their compliance with City policies, agreements and other requirements.
- The City Manager is authorized, under limited circumstances, to distribute complimentary tickets to: (1) a City employee; (2) non-profit community groups receiving or eligible for Community Services Funding; (3) persons participating in recreational, educational or cultural programs administered by the City; or (4) other lawful purposes.
- Each complimentary ticket or pass distributed must be reported on a new Form 802 established by the FPPC. The reporting requires disclosure of: (1) the number of tickets received; (2) the names of the City officials or organizations who received the complimentary tickets; (3) the date of the event; (4) the governmental or public purpose for the distribution of the tickets; and (5) the names of the donors of the tickets. The form is then posted on the City's website for easy access by members of the public. The Policy also needs to be prominently posted on the City's website
- Adopted Resolution 09-11 - January 27, 2009
- Entire Complimentary Ticket Policy (PDF)
- Link to Form 802 (Tickets Provided by Agency Report)
Public Official Appointments, Form 806
An official may vote to hold
another position even if the voting official will receive additional income so
long as the public is informed prior to the vote or consent item. FPPC
Regulation 18702.5 provides for the filing of a Form 806 under these circumstances.
Each agency must post on its website a single Form 806 which lists all the paid
appointed positions to which an official will vote to appoint themselves. When
there is a change in compensation or a new appointment, the Form 806 is updated
to reflect the change. The form must be updated promptly as changes occur.
Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700
City Council Members are elected officials identified in Government Code Section 87200 and are required to file Statement of Economic Interest Forms with the City Clerk's Office.
Review or Obtain CopiesClick links below for Statement of Economic Interests Form 700
• City of Temecula
• Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Statement of Economic Interests can be viewed and/or requested in their entirety via the City Clerk’s Office.